Sunday, January 20, 2013

Detox Flow

Downloaded Seane Corn's Detox Flow video and practiced to it today. I've done this sequence at a yoga conference before. It was really challenging at the time but I loved it. This time around it felt just as good, but less challenging/shocking for the body, which is a good thing I guess. Apparently even though I barely practice yoga now, my flexibility is still mostly intact... I'm even worried if I'm over-stretching a bit. Makes me wonder if I should be practicing yoga at all or should I work on weight-bearing / strength building exercises. The most challenging part today was actually the beginning where Seane asked students to hold a plank and then lift the knee to touch the forehead. I think my deep core muscles are lacking the strength/training and I couldn't do it at all. Also I could barely hold the dolphin plank. These are specific move/muscle groups I need to work on.

I kind of want to sign up for trial Ashtanga yoga classes in town but I'm too cheap to do it. None of the studios are close to home and I'm hesitant to sign up, fearing that I might not make it to more than 2 classes/week. Feeling so lazy. I was too spoiled in Vancouver with a studio 3 minutes walk from home and with a community of friends. I don't really know how to make friends here... people seem to keep to themselves. Or maybe I'm keeping to myself and am not trying hard enough.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Yyogini. How are you doing now? You could actually make friends within your yoga class down in Vancouver. It may not be today, but someday you will find someone you can hang out with. About dolphin plank pose, it calms and regulates our nervous system. That pose also gives great benefits because it is therapeutic for stress and mild depression. I'm pretty sure that if you keep on practicing this pose, it will help maximize your stamina, focus, and endurance as well. And eat fiber food to build up your muscle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chick. I think dolphin plank activates rather than calms the nervous system, but you're right; it's good for me in terms of strengthening.

      Delete