Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!! New Year's resolutions for 2014

Happy New Year from Asia!! Seems like I go right back into my mindless eating habits, stuffing my face like mad. Luckily I'm only here for two weeks so hopefully the weight-gain will not be overly substantial. Family members still behaves pretty consistently with how they've always acted (behaviors in which for the past 10 years I had found to be quite annoying). But now I'm looking at their behaviors in a different light, so that is interesting. It would be really nice if I myself can look at them in a more compassionate and tolerant way, which it is difficult, but I am trying.

My New Year's resolutions for 2014:

- Learn Taichi and/or qigong -- learn to move my chi to improve energy/alertness

- Exercise more -- I would like to improve my cardio fitness

- Continue to work on my arm balances -- my shoulder and upper body weight-bearing capacity have improved, but there are still a lot of room for further strengthening

- Publish publish publish!! Must focus more on work when I get back.

- Try harder to get to work on time -- been getting to work late every day for the past few months.

- Blog more often -- want to aim for at least once a week.

- Manage myself at work better... I don't know how I will succeed at this but I really need to work on it. Try to get along with my co-workers better and communicate better with the boss. Lots of new challenges happening next year so I need to be more confident to face them!

- In terms of yoga, I think I need to work more on strengthening, more mindful of movements and avoid over-stretching, and really do more pranayama + meditation

Hope I can achieve at least some of these points!! Will work on all of them for sure (I just don't know for how long)!

p.s. Just watched this video, "Try something new for 30 days". I think one suitable activity to try could be daily pranayama exercises (at least one, say alternative nostril breathing, but ideally more than one, like breath of fire and other techniques) for 30 days.

Will keep you updated on my progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment